Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 40

Relay for Life means alot to me. Before my dad passed away, i knew very little about it. After however, a friend enlightened me on the ins and outs of Relay. I knew instantly I had to be apart of it. We created our team Soles for Souls. Our first year we raised $1500.00 and had just an amazing time at the actual Relay event. This year, our team isn't as big but we already have $2300.00!! We still have 4 months to raise more. I love making the new friends, meeting new people in general, and just feeling like i'm doing my small part in hoping that someday my children won't have to lose anyone else close to them from cancer. They have already lost too many.

Tonight was the first annual Taste of Relay Survivor/Caregiver Reception. Each team had a table and got to bring a dish to serve. The survivors and caregivers got to walk around to each table and we would serve them. My sister, Maria, and I went from our team. Mom was home in bed sick.
I had a great time just being there, looking around at the survivors enjoying dinner with their caregivers. Certainly something I plan to look forward to every year!

Us serving

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment